Who We Are
Why Apple Tree Day Nursery is exactly what your child needs:
- free play where children have choices
- sand or water play
- outside play
- practice new skills and experiences
- learning to play with others
- meeting new friends
- experiencing books
- learning to share, problem solve and take turns
- socialise; so important as it builds their self-confidence
- preparation for school
Day Nursery Aims
- To ensure each child is in a safe and stimulating environment.
- To give each child generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children, including volunteers, parents, helpers and students.
- That each child has the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together.
- Assist each child to take forward his/her learning and development by being helped to build on what he/she already knows and can do.
- Each child has a personal key person who makes sure each child makes satisfactory progress.
- To ensure each child is in a Nursery that sees parents as partners in helping each child to learn and develop, and help shape the services the Nursery offers.
Apple Tree Nursery has a dedicated baby room for children aged 0-2 years old. The room is air conditioned to ensure a comfortable temperature throughout the year. Within the room there are areas for the children to enjoy and learn from sensory experiences, messy play, books, and a home corner amongst many other toys and resources. There are also quiet, comfortable areas for rest and sleep throughout the day. This room has direct access to its own sheltered outdoor area.
Toddler, Pre/School Room
The main nursery room caters from children aged 2-5 yrs old. This spacious
room contains many smaller learning areas covering the EYFS curriculum. Each child has a qualified key worker who will encourage them to reach their full potential in all areas of learning. The children have independent access to all toys and resources which include sand and water play, creative, computers, number and mark making area, role play, construction and a quiet area for reading, and many more opportunities.
The garden is fully enclosed and only accessible from within the nursery, for maximum security for the children.Apple Tree Nursery has a large outdoor play space which include many different areas and opportunities to learn and develop physical skills in a safe environment. There is a large grassed area with trees for shelter, digging area, climbing frames and planting area, which allows for many different learning experiences. The sheltered area allows which is directly accessed from both nursery rooms allows outdoor play whatever the weather. This equipped with a safety surface to enable adventurous play.The third outside area is a place where children can play on tricycles, scooters and other ride on equipment. This allows the children to practise the physicals skills needed to use this equipment in a safe environment.